- Download the Arduino IDE for your platform from http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
- Download MSMotorShield.zip and NewPing.zip and save them to any location on your computer
- Launch the Arduino IDE
- Open the Sketch menu -> Include Library -> Add .ZIP Library
- Browse to the MSMotorShield.zip file
Repeat #3-4 for NewPing.zip
- Download code samples Samples.zip and extract to any location on your computer. You can also copy/paste the samples using the links at the bottom of this page.
- Connect the Arduino to your computer via the USB Cable
- Launch the Arduino IDE
- Ensure that the “Arduino Uno” is selected under the Tools -> Board menu
- Ensure that the Arduino device is recognized and selected under the Tools -> Port menu
- Open a sample from the File -> Open menu or paste one into the Editor
- Click the Upload button in the upper left toolbar of the Arduino IDE to deploy
Welcome to the first CAD Workshop of the Season!!!
Click here to learn how to download and install CAD.
Presented by Joshua Tortuga and Nicholas Capdevila.
Please mark your calendars for 1 PM on Saturday, June 21, our first summer meeting at the Robohouse, adjacent to the west side of the Servite campus at 934 N. Keystone St., Anaheim 92801. Invite incoming freshmen and other interested students and their parents! Invite new potential mentors with engineering and programming skills!
This fall, the Friarbots will be participating in VEX Robotics Competition for the first time. VEX will open up great opportunities for experience in design, building and programming for more students, as well as more leadership opportunities.We are registered with team numbers 9983A and 9983B. This will be a summer and fall activity. An organized program to learn RobotC, the programming language developed for educational robotics programs, will be available for interested students to participate in over the summer. Work on a new drive train for FRC will take place over the summer, along with other work on the 2014 and 2013 season robots. The schedule for students volunteering in the Formation Summer Camp robotics session will be worked on and posted after this meeting. The summer camp will run Mon-Thurs from 1:30-3 PM during the weeks of June 23, July 7, July 14 and July 21.
See you next Saturday!
If you’re not able to make it out to Las Vegas, you can stream the entire competition via The Blue Alliance here! Thanks, as always, for supporting the Friarbots!
We are hosting an open house of our new facilities! The open house will be this Friday, February 28 from 3pm until 5pm. This event is open to all students, faculty, family, friends, and community. We will be giving student-led tours of our new house, workshop, and practice field. We hope to see you all there!
Our address is
934 N Keystone St.
Anaheim, Ca 92801